Monday, January 16, 2012

Mid-Century Monday - 01.16.2012


{source: Pinterest}

O

ur house remodel has finally begun! Thank goodness! It's been years in the making... so when my husband told me he drove past there and saw a ton of dust from work being done I could not be happier!! I don't think I've ever been happy about dust. But... I sure am now!! Here's our rough gem:

We expect to be moving in by summer. It was supposed to be this month, but the city made sure they delayed our permits... of course. There's nothing like government work, right? Anywho... I've been thinking about the interior. The space we have for our dining table is teeny tiny. So, we're left with a nook. A tiny nook. I'd really like to keep the colors bright and airy to make it appear larger than it is. Plus, I'd love to have a tulip table and some sleek seating to create the illusion of space. The pictures above are what I hope to re-create. Watcha think? Yay? Nay? Of course, budget is always an issue. I mean... a Saarinen tulip table can be a couple of thousand bucks. I'd have to find it used to get it under a $1,000. We'll see what happens.

Now, I hope you're enjoying your Monday! Have a great week everyone!

xoxo,
Mina

No comments: