Monday, May 6, 2013

Interiors Monday - Chalkboard Walls + Weekend Update - 05.06.2013



{image by Mina Brinkey}


Do you think having a chalkboard wall, or a giant chalkboard leaning against the wall, inspires  and encourages creativity in the home? Hmnnn.... I think it depends on the family living in that home, of course.  But, when it comes to my family, I think it does.  In fact, I'm always doodling one thing or another on our gynormous 1950s salvaged blackboard (third picture down).  The hubs salvaged it out of a high school when doing a renovation project a few years back.  I loooooove it.  Then, aside from that giant board, we have two other mini boards that we use in the kitchen and in the nursery. Lil S' loves it too... 

{image by Mina Brinkey}

What do you think? Yay or nay? Chalkboard wall or board in your home? A go? Or a big, fat NO?? Hmnnnn....

I do hope everyone's weekend rocked your socks! We actually headed over to the city of St. Petersburg.  It's only about a 30 minute drive for us. It baffles me that we hadn't been there in a couple of years!! Cray! But... I'm so happy we went.  If you're from the area, we were in downtown St. Pete. My, how it's grown!! It was full of people! I've never seen it so active. So, it was an absolute pleasure. Here's a couple of snapshots from the weekend...

bag ready to go. 
{image by Mina Brinkey}

{image by Mina Brinkey}


{images by Mina Brinkey}

Until tomorrow!

Hugs,
Mina

8 comments:

Joy U said...

I love a chalkboard wall! We just painted one in our half bath and it's infused the space with such personality. Oh, and it was so much fun to see your pictures on Days! xo

Mina said...

Yes! I saw the one in your 1/2 bath. It turned out great! Days is such a fun app, eh? Loved doing it. Thanks Joy!

Anonymous said...

i don't have chalkboards either in my home or classroom! i think they're lovely in homes, especially when there are children. I've fallen in love with the hand drawn Christmas trees on chalk walls that I've seen on blogs and pinterest. i don't have space here at home now, but i do love them! as far as my classroom, i've considered painting my lockers in chalkboard paint so that i could have an illustrated word wall. i'm glad you had a lovely weekend! ~valerie

Quenby Sheree said...

Right now? No. But when I have kids i definitely want to do it somewhere.

Clayton Gray Home said...

Love your blog! We are in Tampa also. Stop by sometime - 2021 W. Kennedy Blvd - in Hyde Park

Clayton Gray Home said...

Love your blog! We are in Tampa also. Stop by sometime - 2021 W. Kennedy Blvd. - in Hyde Park

Mina said...

Thank you!! I'll have to check you guys out. Whereabouts Kennedy are you? Near UT?

Mina said...

Valerie: I like the illustrated word wall idea. I have to do a word wall for my kids too ( I teach high school) and mine is soooo boring. Just up on the whiteboard. Maybe a chalkboard one would be "cooler". Hmnnn... something to think about.